Monday 16 June 2014

Pregnancy Skincare Routine

Once I found out I was pregnant I decided to cut out some of the harsher products in my Skincare routine, including products that contained Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide. This meant saying farewell to my trusty La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (aka skin saviour) for 9 months! For more info on safer skincare during pregnancy, see here.

I found that my skin was reacting to products that it usually tolerated pretty well and of course I had a few hormonal outbreaks. I stripped my routine right back to basics and found that sticking to something simple and fairly natural has worked really well for my pregnant skin. I have been using just two products. The first is Ren's Rosa Centofolia Hot Cloth Cleanser, available here. You can also purchase online at Cult Beauty or in Marks & Spencer for around £16. Although this isn't the cheapest cleanser on the market, it is well worth the money. A little goes a long way and my current bottle has lasted me well over a month so far, with about a quarter of the bottle left. It is suitable for all skin types. Mine is combination, some oily parts in the t-zone with occasional dryness in places. I  use this morning and night, applying to my face whilst dry and then gently removing with a hot muslin cloth/flannel. I find this cleanser does a great job at removing all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean yet soothed and calm, not at all drying.




Secondly, I've been really enjoying using Nivea's Pure & Natural Day Cream for normal/combination skin. The moisturiser leaves my skin feeling nourished and hydrated, without feeling greasy or oily. Makeup applies really well over the moisturiser and unlike some others I've tried, my skin stays feeling hydrated throughout the day. Compared to some higher end moisturisers I've tried I'm happy to say this does a great job and  is also kind to my bank balance. I pick mine up at my local Bodycare store for £2.99 but it is also available for £5.35 at Superdrug or Boots .

What are your top skincare picks for pregnancy?

Clare xo


No comments:

Post a Comment