Wednesday 11 June 2014

Babymoon | St Ives

A couple of weeks ago, Stu and I packed our bags and drove down to St Ives for a mini 'babymoon'. To be honest, I had never heard of a babymoon but it seemed to me an excuse for a few days away before your baby arrives- I was sold!



We stayed at Headland House, a luxury boutique Bed & Breakfast near Carbis Bay. On arrival, we were amazed by the beautiful view from our room. There are 7 to choose from, we opted for room 'Sennen' and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The room is decorated in cool, calming blues with vintage style shabby chic furniture, has an ensuite with spacious double power shower and of course, a breathtaking view of Carbis Bay. There is something so special about being able to see the sea from your room. It makes me feel like I'm really on my holidays!


View from our room 'Sennen'


I really can't say enough lovely things about St Ives. It is such a beautiful, relaxing place and I couldn't think of anywhere better to spend a chilled few days away from the hustle and bustle of home life. The beaches are picturesque and spotlessly clean, the people are super friendly and there's a neverending stream of pretty fishing villages, shops and beauty spots to explore.

St Ives Bay


Whilst in St Ives, we spent most of our time soaking up the views, noseying around the charming cobbled streets, wandering in and out of the wide array of shops, sampling Cornish delicacies and eating in some fab places! Definitely worth checking out is Porthmeor Cafe, a restaurant with spectacular views over the beach. I reccommend booking in advance, asking for a window seat and timing your visit to coincide with the sun setting. Another great place we tried was Firehouse. Fantastic food and service and great value for money. Again, book in advance and request a window seat upstairs for beautiful views over the bay of St Ives.





Top of my list of things to do was to visit St Michael's Mount, an island that is home to a medieval castle and stunning sub-tropical gardens. The island is accessible by foot across the cobbled causeway or via boat, depending upon the tide. I was pretty pleased with myself that I managed to walk to the top and have a wander round the castle, soaking up its history and yet more breathtaking views (there seems to be a bit of a theme developing here!). I will say that this is probably something best tackling before you make it too far into your third trimester as it was pretty tiring. Once upon a time, Stu may have been able to offer me a piggy back part of the way but funnily enough he wasn't too forthcoming with the offer to his now 30 weeks pregnant girlfriend!

 
Bump and I at the top of St Michael's Mount - still smiling!
 

We had a perfect little trip away and I really enjoyed being able to spend a few quiet days together and recharge our batteries. In a nutshell, St Ives was the ideal location for our babymoon so if you haven't already - check it out!

Have you been on a babymoon? Where did you go?

Clare xo




No comments:

Post a Comment